Helix piercing: Ear piercings are the most popular in piercings. Basically, these are earlobe punctures, such procedures are carried out for people starting from 1 year.
However, fashion does not stand still, trends are constantly changing. Now such type of puncture as Helix piercing is popular. In this case, the puncture is carried out directly in the cartilage of the ear. The main reason for such a specific puncture is the desire to attract the attention of others.
How is the piercing
The cartilage piercing procedure is very complicated, so it is not recommended to perform this procedure on your own. It is advisable to contact an experienced master who will carry out a puncture safely.
- The client is seated more comfortably on the couch, where the puncture procedure will be performed.
- The selected jewelry and the area on the ear where the puncture will be performed are treated with an antiseptic.
- Mark the specific puncture site.
- The piercer makes a puncture and inserts the jewelry. The main thing is to ensure that everything is done in a sterile environment, the master worked with gloves and processed the needle before puncture.
- Re-treatment of the damaged area with an antiseptic.
So that after a puncture there are no unpleasant consequences, choose jewelry made of a safe material that will not cause allergic reactions.
Soreness of the procedure
Many who want to get a Helix piercing are worried about the pain of this procedure.
There is no single answer to this question, since it all depends on the person, what kind of sensitivity he has. The ear area contains a small number of nerve endings, so the procedure is performed without anesthesia. The puncture site is cartilage, so swelling in the puncture area for the first couple of days is completely normal.
It is worth remembering that cartilage is not an earlobe, so it will not work to increase the puncture again, you need to decide in advance on the diameter of the jewelry.
How long will Helix heal?
On average, a Helix piercing completely heals from 2 months to a year. The main thing to remember is that if you do not experience pain from touch, this does not mean that the puncture site has completely healed. In this case, it is better to consult a specialist to examine the puncture site.
There are very few capillaries in the auricle area, which is why the recovery will be so long.
For this type of piercing, labrets (small bars with a pattern on one edge), various earrings, curved rings and other similar jewelry are ideal. It all depends on the preferences of the client. You can buy jewelry in the online store or on special sites.
To speed up wound healing and minimize the risk of complications, it is necessary to properly care for the puncture site. Care instructions:
- During the first 1-2 weeks, it is necessary to treat the damaged area with an antiseptic 2-3 times a day, while slightly scrolling the decoration so that it does not grow.
- Before showering or washing your hair, treat the damaged area with a greasy ointment that will prevent water from entering the damaged area.
- In no case do not pull out or change the jewelry, such manipulation can damage the wound and increase the healing time. In addition, there is a possibility of infection.
- For the first few days, it is recommended to instill drops in the ear so that particles of blood from the puncture do not cause an infection.
- Do not touch the puncture site with unwashed hands.
- If the puncture site becomes hard, wash it with hydrogen peroxide. It will clean the puncture from dirt and skin particles.
Infections and complications
Helix piercing is an intervention in the body, so various complications can occur. This is mainly due to the irresponsible approach to wound care. Swelling is considered normal and goes away within 2-3 days.
- If the swelling persists for more than 3 days, then inflammation has begun at the puncture site. It is necessary to treat the puncture site with an antiseptic and carry out a light massage of the damaged area. When pus appears, apply aloe. If a strong tooth appears and a burning sensation in the puncture area, it is urgent to go to the hospital.
- High temperature and fever. These symptoms occur if you delay the treatment of the inflammation that has begun.
The main causes of complications:
- Poor wound care.
- Sleep or prolonged lying on the damaged ear.
- Manipulations with jewelry until the puncture is completely healed.
The price of a Helix piercing depends on several factors: the prestige of the salon, the qualifications and experience of the master, the cost of jewelry. The cost of a puncture will cost you 1-1.5 thousand rubles, the purchase of jewelry in the salon will cost around 2 thousand rubles.
There are no difficulties in the puncture procedure and its care. Most importantly, if complications arise, immediately consult a doctor. Yes, there you can remove the decoration if the situation requires it, but health is more expensive.
Helix piercing ideas photo