Now tattoos are more of an aesthetic meaning for those who make them. Drawings help to capture significant events, hide scars, and someone even makes them to change fate. Recently, appeals related to tattoo amulets have become more frequent.
The target audience is very extensive, but among the guests are more common – men. Below you have to figure out what types of amulets are, their sacred meanings, and why you need to know the history of the world from which they came.
A bit of history Men tattoo
Tattoo amulets were mainly made to warriors. Mystical symbols served both to increase “protection” and to raise the spirit. Having the brand of a certain detachment on the forearm, the Macedonian army had incredible courage, each member of the column felt personally responsible for the sign that he wears on his skin.
In Rus’, tattoos were forbidden. Everything was determined by the strictest prohibition of the church, it was believed that wearing a cross and praying was the best amulet against everything bad. Therefore, patterns or marks from that era are very rare. Most famously, the art of permanent application was reflected in the period before Christian Rus’. When God was not one, but several.
From the material that scientists managed to collect, you can find:
- Ancient runes.
- The face of a deity.
- Portrait of a ruler or famous person.
Such drawings were made only by specially trained magi, at a certain time of the day and in a secret place. Everything was accompanied by rituals, and sometimes sacrifices.
More advanced in this art were the ancient Vikings (Viking tattoos). Most of the material that is available today was created by them. The culture is warlike, for several hundred years a large number of sacred signs have been created, which are still understood by specialists. Therefore, if you want to apply something from this trend, you definitely need to delve into history, find the exact definition of signs.
By the way, in pre-Christian Rus’, the Vikings also had a kind of gender equality. Amulets tattoos were made for both men and women. The second, more often, generic drawings were applied or marks were made for protection, preservation of the hearth, for healthy offspring (for example, “Dazhdboga”, a rune known as “r”).
The amulet is most often done by those who want to bring changes into their lives. The label should be chosen based on the religious trend. If a person professes Orthodoxy, choosing an image of Svarog or Thor is not a good idea. If the culture of ancient ancestors is closer to a person, the following options can be considered:
- Veles is a Slavic deity responsible for healing. It is done to establish a connection between the “living and dead world.” Many believe that the image gives strength to survive even the darkest and hardest times.
- Valkyrie – for representatives of dangerous professions and crafts. Ministry of Emergency Situations, police officers, etc., the deity gives a “safe shield”, which at the right time can save a life.
- Yarilo – if the character is quick-tempered, and you often have to regret for actions, then this option is ideal. Many who have already made an image of this deity have found their harmony.
- Perun – is done mainly to athletes who deal with physical strength. Suitable only for those who know their superiority, but know how to keep “power” within the necessary limits.
- Dazhdbog is done by both men and women. Especially suitable for those who do not know how to make quick and correct decisions.
As for runes and signs Tattoo amulets for men:
- Fehu – property, wealth. Especially suitable for those who are constantly fighting for well-being.
- Wunju – will help you find strength even in the most difficult times.
- Sowilu – the sun, the light of the rune helps to get out of difficult trouble.
- Ansuz – if there are difficulties in communication, is responsible for communication skills.
- Gebo – love, partnership.
A sketch of a future tattoo must be selected independently. The master may not be aware of the purpose, any distortion completely changes the main meaning. In order not to make a mistake with the choice, you definitely need to delve into history, find old documents or printed archeological finds.
Religious amulets for men
Every religion has its own symbols. As an example, there are:
- Orthodoxy – most often these are the faces of saints or archangels. The second, strong-willed men do, because the meaning goes towards the “arbiters of fate.” The bearer must be distinguished by calmness and composure, be aware of his strength, but never use it for evil intentions.
- Crosses – a talisman for protection.
Islamic tattoo amulets:
- Ancient inscriptions in Arabic – it is desirable to apply for a citation to the bearer or representative of this movement. The interpretation from the hands of an ordinary master can be distorted.
- Ornaments are a beautiful trend that is gaining popularity. You can see examples in the photo of finished options.
The pagan direction has a huge number of nuances. Tattoo amulets are depicted in 85% in the form of runes.